The Thanksgiving holiday season was meant to celebrate unity and giving thanks for all the things we have in the world. What better way to say thanks to your staff than by hosting a Thanksgiving themed Florida corporate event or luncheon for your employees?
Use these Thanksgiving corporate event tips when hosting your office’s turkey-day celebration:
- Who: Invite your entire staff for a fun-filled day of eating, playing, and conversing. Use this event to give your employees some time away from their desks to unwind and recharge their batteries. Consider incorporating fun, themed games so everyone can get to know one another a little better. You can also have everyone share what they’re thankful for and it’ll double as a team building exercise.
- What: When planning a Thanksgiving-themed Florida corporate event, it’s important to incorporate the right food. Have a potluck-style party or make it a big surprise and have it catered. Incorporate all the traditional delights and some not-so-traditional alternatives for those who aren’t as appreciative of the traditional meal.
- When: It’s always a good idea to host Thanksgiving parties a day or two before Thanksgiving if your offices are closed on Thursday and Friday. If your office must remain open on Thanksgiving day, you can always surprise those who are working with a thankful gesture.
- Where: No need to rent a venue, just host it in your office. Hosting it in-office will help your staff see the office as more than just a 9-to-5 paycheck, and they’ll start to see it more as a secondary home if they already don’t.
- Why: Because employees make the organization function–duh! Office celebrations increase motivation and morale. It also gives them recognition for accomplishments and noteworthy milestones. As an added bonus, team building is easily added to the festivities and, oftentimes, occurs without anyone trying to host a full-fledged team building event. While holiday corporate parties seem like fun and games, they actually hold a significant purpose in creating a unified and functioning workforce.
- How: If you’re on a budget, make your own decorations for the event, or keep it really simple and don’t worry about decor. Also, hosting an office potluck will significantly reduce the price of the event. It doesn’t have to be an overly complicated or expensive affair. The most important thing is to recognize and celebrate your staff and show them how much they mean to you and your organization–that’s what in-office holiday parties are all about.
Some organizations can’t afford to be closed for all the Thanksgiving festivities. To increase morale and show them how much you appreciate their hard work, bring the festivities to your team. If you’re looking for some help with your Thanksgiving Florida corporate event, contact the experts at Fun Planners today.
What’s your favorite holiday game that you play at your work parties? Share your ideas and experiences with us and we’ll share them with our followers.