Everyone wants their event to be the most exciting and memorable event on the planet. While you’d like to add all the bells and whistles to your event to ensure it’s the talk of the town, all of those extras add up, leading to a less than appealing bill. Event managementcompanies do everything they can to produce the most amazing event with the presented budget, but sometimes a compromise is needed. Here are a few money saving tips for your next event:
- Venue savings: No matter where your venue is, it’s going to be inconvenient for someone. That’s not to say you should select the least expensive location, no matter the distance; instead, move it a location that is outside of major city areas. If your venue is a little outside of a major metropolitan area, you could save on costs due to negotiating power.
- Branding savings: When printing or ordering branded decorations or signs, keep the year off it. Also, unless you have an unlimited branding budget, avoid putting the sponsors’ names, hashtags, venue names, and other specific event-identifying information. If you just use your logo and/or company name, you can use the same branded decor for years to come.
- Catering savings: Keep the food options simple. Your attendees aren’t going to know if you selected the finest 5-star restaurant to cater the event or the mom-and-pop shop down the road. As long as the food is good, they’ll enjoy it. Also, supplying a free bar can easily rack up the price of your event; plus, if your attendees are driving, it may be a good idea to avoid or limit the amount of adult beverages available.
- Paper savings: To be environmentally friendly, organized, and cost effective, keep it digital. Instead of using snail-mail, with postage and paper costs, to send attendees their badge or ticket, send it via email and have them print it out, or show their ticket on their cell phone at event check-in. You could also consider making an event app, but unless you have an internal team or an inexpensive event management company that’s capable of creating it, it can become an expensive option.
- Labor savings: Consider asking universities and students to help run the event. Students are always looking for internship and real-world experience to stay ahead of their classmates. Use each student’s unique skills for more than just collecting tickets. Have them design, create graphics, market, and film/photograph the event.
If you’re looking for an event managementcompany to help you get the most bang for your buck for your next event, contact Fun Planners today. We have the experience and knowledge to create a memorable and cost-effective event to suit any need.