Looking for a fun and engaging way to raise funds at your next party or Florida corporate event? Whether it’s for charity or the company, the experts at Orlando event planning are here to give you ideas to spruce up your next festivity.
1 – Silent Auction
This can be the main attraction or complimentary to your event. Essentially, items are on display with a bid sheet stating:
- the item’s name
- a short description
- its value
- the minimum bid amount
- Space for people to make their bids
The items should be self-displayed for guests to see up close and personal. The traffic flow from the silent auction tables and food/drink tables are important. One tip is to have it flow from one to the other in a circle so it keeps bidders from seeing the items more than once.
For more added fun, items can be themed to the event. Such as a Great Gatsby themed event with antique glassware on display or a Casino event stocked with a poker set donned with Vegas flair. Or maybe you have a sponsor who can help create custom gift baskets easily to support the auction.
2 – Raffle Tickets
Raffle sales are fun, fast, and easy. It’s very important to first check if this type of fundraising is permitted in your local area. 50/50 raffles are one of the most enticing ways to get people to buy tickets because they split the net proceeds with the organization.
To have this run smoothly as possible, you need:
- raffle tickets
- bowls or large containers for collection
- one lively crowd.
Sell the tickets for one dollar each or in bundles 12 for $10 and so on. Have them write their name and phone number on the tickets and let them know you’ll contact them via text or call.
A live auction is 100% engaging with the audience and creates a fun atmosphere everyone can enjoy. Having a mix of inexpensive and high-value items and showing them one by one draws in the crowd and keeps them. But of course, this type of auction requires manpower for it to run smoothly.
For your Live Auction, you’ll need to have:
- Registration table to register guests
- Give them a number and paddle with your organization’s logo on it
- The paddle will make them physically active in the live auction
- Volunteers to help bring and display the items
- Items that have high value, inexpensive, or the organization’s own items.
- Provide one or more of your organization’s services as an item
- An awesome MC or auctioneer
- The MC/auctioneer aids in formulating an energetic atmosphere and one that really knows the mission and goals can help drive revenue.
- Volunteers to record the bids
- Each should sit around the room & have spreadsheets with the bidder’s # and bid to help cross reference when it comes time to determine the final bid.
- Closing times for certain items
- Higher-valued items should have sooner closing time to encourage last-minute bidding.
From 20 to 1,000 players, test your guest’s hands at a game of poker. This highly social game is sure to get the energy running. In addition, you must determine the monetary value of chips and provide the option for guests to buy more but also allocate the proceeds to where a certain percentage goes to the winner.
Attendance Ticket Sales
If the nature of your event or party is specialized, sell the event itself with tickets. This is the easiest way to generate revenue straight to your organization.
- Establish different passes
- If there’s some room in your budget, create different price-level passes that offer specialties like a VIP AYCE drinks pass or a valued party favor.
- Company contests
- Incentivize your employees to drive ticket sales & award the one that sells the most.
- Gamify event promotion
- Get on social media and engage with your audience, have them promote the event with your social tag and hashtag and choose a lucky winner for free tickets.
What better way to commemorate a rockin’ event than with merch sales! Everyone loves event memorabilia. At your event, have a booth or section where guests can choose from different products like t-shirts, mugs, or other items that relate to your organization.
- Promote the merchandise on social media
- Bundle the merchandise with the ticket sales
- Remember those different passes? Why not have a different pass and give them a discount on some merch?
- Merchandise with your organization’s logo on it helps promote your businesses outside of the event.
Ready to take the next step? Let the Orlando event planning experts at Fun Planners help you plan your next exciting fundraising event.