Planning an event takes a lot of work; you’ve picked a venue, figured out all of the events and entertainment, and organized all the food you could ever need. Everything is going perfectly, and you’re certain your event will be a smash hit.
But what if nobody shows up?
Publicizing your event is just as important as planning the event itself. If nobody knows about it but you, who’s going to attend?
Luckily, getting the word out can be easy in today’s highly-connected world. Here are a few key steps to ensure that your event receives the maximum amount of exposure.
- Solidify your event’s schedule and plan your publicity strategy around it.
- Create publicity pieces like newsletter articles and/or ads, radio spots, or online articles. You might also consider getting local shops and companies to give out discounted deals or flyers.
- Design and send out tangible invitations, programs, posters, and tickets to the local community. Make sure you send electronic invites and deals to people on your email list as well!
- Create an event page on your website. If you don’t have a website, it’s time to create one, because people who see your ads or receive invites will likely search you out online.
- Create a Facebook event page! This will enable people to find, follow, and share information on your event. It also makes it easy to make your guests aware of any last-minute changes.
- If you don’t have a Twitter account for your business or organization, now’s the time to make one. Create hashtags to promote your event, and plan fun contests for your attendees to spread the word with!
- Create a promotional video and post it on your social media accounts, as well as on YouTube, to give people an idea of what your event is going to be like so they won’t want to miss it!
- Include links to all of your social media on your website, and vice versa. That way, people can find out more information and are more likely to share your event with others online.
- Register your event on a variety of online event calendars. This is going to let people looking for an event find yours right away!
Now that you have a publicity plan, it’s time to make sure your event matches all the hype! Orlando event planning has never been easier — the experts at Fun Planner will ensure that your event goes perfectly.